Sunday, July 8, 2007

Fear


Have you ever been so scared, it scared you? You know the kind of scared that you're not sure what you will do or say. For me fear has always been the opposite. Fear actually keeps me from doing anything, rather than doing the wrong thing. Have you ever experienced the frozen factor of fear? I have experienced this more times than I care to recall. You know the "I'm too scared to do what I know I need to do" kind of fear.
But as I continue to travel through journey called life, I am realizing it's not so much about whether or not you're scared or what your fears are, as it is if you're willing to face them. Release from fear isn't about whether or not you've overcome it, as much as it is if you've faced. So I guess what I'm saying is there are a lot of things I am afraid of and I'm OK with that. I am learning to not worry so much about all my fears as I am about facing them. So here's to your fears. Stop hiding and start facing them!

No comments: