Sunday, July 1, 2007

Process

I have always been a people pleaser. I'll go out of my way to do things for people. I have always struggled with finding that great balance of taking time for me and still helping others. For some reason whenever I do things for myself, it's not as meaningful as when I do them for others. Same is true for being disciplined in my life. If I tell myself, for example, I am going to eat better and exercise, it's really hard for me to stick to it. But if I tell someone else I will eat better and exercise with them, I feel I need to do it for them. What is it about doing something for others that I feel I have to do it? Don't get me wrong, I think you should help others but I am also finding it's just as important to do things for yourself every now and then. Like I said I am learning to appreciate me, as much as I do others. It's a process ...

1 comment:

dearabby said...

So true sister! Keep writing...not only is it theraputic, but it also allows the rest of the world a glimpse at the great potential within you. I can't wait to read your first book!